+ March 24th, 2014
The Young Justice Animated Series was an example of storytelling at it’s best. A digital 1st series is the perfect way to continue the story. It’s…
Want Young Justice to continue in some way. Digital comics is probably the least expensive and most realistic chance of telling more stories set in the Earth-16 universe. Especially given that Greg Weisman’s current future has him working on Star Wars: Rebels. But working on a digital comic along with that doesn’t require as much attention from someone as Young Justice as an animated series would IF it somehow came back for more seasons. There’s little to no chance that Greg Weisman would be able to work on Young Justice as an animated series if the show somehow came back in animation.
Continuing the show in digital comic form is one of the few mediums out there that has a realistic shot of retaining 1 of Young Justice’s original creators. Not to mention being the least expensive.
While the number of people that have signed might be relatively small at the moment, I believe that has more to do with the fact that not many Young Justice fans know about this as a possible opportunity.
Yes, petitions don’t have the best reputations around. But honestly, what have you got to lose by signing it anyways? Also a petition based on asking for a digital comic allegedly might not NEED as many numbers as a petition for wanting the show back. (Which would also be more expensive).
I also feel a realistic 1st goal for this is to at least show there’s interest in this. Then somewhere down the road, DC MIGHT notice the interest and try to capitalize on an opportunity.
Again what have you got to lose by signing?
+ December 16th, 2013
Imagine if your favourite show was cancelled because you weren’t part of the intended audience. More specifically, because you’re a girl.
Go sign the petition and get the word going that we’re not going to take this nonsense from Cartoon Network!
Pick your favorite for Best “Kid” Animated Series 2013 in TV.com’s Best of 2013 awards
GUYS!! YOUNG JUSTICE IS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
I LIKE THE LEGEND OF KORRA. BUT IF YOU GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO CHOSE BETWEN YOUNG JUSTICE AND THE LEGEND OF KORRA. I CHOSE YOUNG JUSTICE.
Pleaseee vote guys. We need the publicity right now.
(Source: tvshowsaremyweakness, via dcuniversewatchtower)
+ December 3rd, 2013
IF YOU WANT TO SAVE YJ, STOP SCROLLING AND READ THIS RIGHT NOW!!!
+ November 18th, 2013
The Nerdy Show recently did a podcast with Grandon and talked about how to save YJ. They said IT IS POSSIBLE. Please read this post and SIGNAL BOOST THE HECK OUT OF IT. If you are NOT a YJ fan, please still signal boost this!!! Our fandom is in dire need of help, and has gone through more crap than any fandom should ever have to go through, in the past year. Now, I know this is a wall of text, but PLEASE take some time to read it.
They talked about how like, no one reads the comics and how a bunch of fans at a con didn’t even know there was a tie-in comic. This is ridiculous.
REASONS TO BUY THE COMIC:
- No matter where you are in the world, YOU HAVE ACCESS TO BUY THESE! Here is a list of American, Canadian, and international comic stores. Don’t live by a comic store? Get the comic instantly & digitally from the DC Digital Comic Hub.
- The artist is an active member of the fandom and tumblr community! Seriously, how many series can you say that about? Head over to Christopher Jones’s tumblr.
- It’s not the show in comic-form. It’s canon events that were not shown in the TV series. New stories, new adventures.
- It’s not dumbed down, either. It’s got the same brilliant writing as the show does.
- You do not need to have watched the show in advance. So if you’re new to the series, the comic is definitely a place you can start.
Next is the most important in the moment, YJ: Legacy. In the podcast they talk about how Little Orbit, the maker of the game, has the license to Young Justice for a long time. If the game sells well, there is a possiblity that they can make a sequel. GAME IS RELEASED THIS TUESDAY IN THE U.S., AND SATURDAY IN EUROPE!!! So yay, European fans get something for once!
REASONS TO BUY THE VIDEO GAME, YJ: LEGACY:
- Like the artist of the tie-in comic, Little Orbit, the creators of the video game, are very closely tied to the actual fandom, and always kept the fans up to date and even gave them the chance to pick what characters they would like for DLC.
- Available for 3DS, Xbox, and PS3. Buy from wherever video games are sold. Here are links for buying YJ: Legacy on Amazon and Gamestop online.
- AVAILABLE ON STEAM!!! PC gamers unite! You are not left out of this one!
- Again, it’s CANONICAL. This is not just a game reinterpreting the series! It takes place during the season 1 to season 2 timeskip, which means many questions will be answered. It also has characters like Garth, Tempest, who aren’t really seen much in the animated series.
- WALLY WEST WILL BE ALIVE IN THE GAME.
- Tons of playable characters from both the s1 and s2 team.
- Online multiplayer play (so get your friends to buy, too!)
- IF SELLS WELL, CAN GET A SEQUEL THAT INCLUDES NEW CANON EVENTS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN IN A SEASON 3!
- Obviously, DC will get a bunch of $$$. $$$ = season 3.
- Rated “T” for Teen. That gives you some idea that it is will be as deep as the actual series was.
Thirdly, buying the DVDs and Original Soundtrack (OST), as well as purchasing the episodes via iTunes, have a huge impact. You can find the DVDs pretty much anywhere where kids DVDs are sold, but again, here’s a link to Amazon. Just search for “Young Justice” on the iTunes store and buy a season pass, or, if you want to give the series more money, buy each episode individually. If you can only afford one or two episodes, great. If you can afford both seasons, great. Every little bit helps. The OST is beautiful and has tons of content on it, and is only $16, so please buy it, here!
I know you’ve read posts like this over and over again, but now is the time to act, with Legacy coming out this week. If we’re ever going to really push WB to bring our show back, this is the time to do it. So let’s #SaveOurHeroes!!!
Could you do more TimSteph? Lol
This blog is on an indefinite hiatus (pulling the ol’ Fall Out Boy) but the second it comes back (maybe with new owners/co-owners), the first reason posted shall be TimSteph :)
+ July 1st, 2013
You still there?
busy summer; sorry.
been thinking of giving the responsibilities over to somebody else that’s more fit to run the job.
+ June 20th, 2013
It’s time to send WB the bills
+ May 5th, 2013
And by bills I mean fake money.
Some of you clever people out there already came up with similar ideas while I was in the middle of making this. I hope you still like the idea because we’re making it part of the revived mail in campaign.
The idea here is simple folks, print out your check, sign your name on it, and send it into WB. It’s even better if you attach it to a letter for added professionalism. They think we couldn’t raise the money, so lets flood them with our ‘checks’ since they won’t let us send them to SMGO.
If you didn’t already hear, Jason Spisak has informed us it’s the older higher ups that were responsible for shutting down the crowdfund idea. They are the ones we need to convince, so hopefully this will put the crowdfund into terms that they can understand. The online presence you guys have pulled out is amazing and you should definitely keep it up, but these people we need to win over are more than likely not the most internet-literate. All this means is that it’s time to take the campaign more old school going forward. What this entails?
SEND THEM STUFF. Obviously, since that’s what the post is mainly concerning. The only address we have right now is a fanmail address as the actual corporate offices are harder to locate. We’re getting to the point on the corporate ladder where no one wants to be bothered with anything directly. It’s time to MAKE this their problem.
I’m not gonna lie to you, we’re in an odd position here, but it’s not such a conundrum we can’t do something with it. If you like, I encourage you to send them a few more Reach Bottles and Blue Flowers in addition to this if you’re feeling a bit more crafty. We aren’t done yet.
Checks can be downloaded HERE.
The address to send them to is:
- Warner Bros. Executives
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522
Tell them what they’re missing out on, guys!
Wooo! So newest idea that’s been in the works, is to send them these glorious blank fake checks! Let’s make them a statement by showing them what they could gain! They think we wouldn’t be able to raise it, let’s prove them wrong!
What episode was #0270??? And I love your posts. You are a genius. (And the ppl who send u theirs)
Oh, that’s a manip. :)
they haven’t been together onscreen
besides the grotto scene
and thank you for your kind words! :)
+ April 1st, 2013
May I just ask, what episode was #0647 from? It's like I forgot that episode or something...
Season 2, Episode 10 - Before the Dawn.
Sorry for the late reply.
+ April 1st, 2013